The new object of my affection*

200512272252-1
i posted this over at our sister site, podguide.tv, a week ago, but since then, I've been unable to get this chick out of my head or off my iPod so I thought I'd share it with you all here. Cali Lewis is the host of a new video podcast called GeekBrief. Unlike the legion of no-nonsense, tech girls who host Rocketboom, CommandN and the rest, Cali brings a certain “girl-next-door” sexiness to the realm of gadgets, in a world where pink iPod cases rule, and running out of battery power “really, really sucks”. But don't be fooled by the 'Valley Girl“ act - Cali knows what she's talking about, with just the right amount of information amongst all the flirting. Here's hoping we one day see her sporting a YBNBY camisole on one of the broadcasts :)

You can check out episode 3 here, or subscribe via the iTunes Music Store.

(*aside from my wife, that is).

Cindy, what do you have to say about all this?

said Jellio on January 1, 2006 3:52 PM.

She seems to be wearing less clothing with each episode...shocking.

said Jellio on January 1, 2006 3:55 PM.

Roll on episode 20.

said Scaramouch on January 1, 2006 4:25 PM.

I kind of wish she'd look at the camera a little more instead of the cue cards. It's hard for me to get off when she's not looking in my eyes.

(just kidding about that last part but the eye thing does distract me from whatever she's talking about hopefully they'll fix that soon.)

said Evil Richard on January 1, 2006 6:29 PM.

Rich, I told Scara the same thing (not about you gettin' off, but the reading thing) They need to put the cards like, right next to the camera, or she needs to start remembering the lines. But I agree, it's really distracting.

said Jellio on January 1, 2006 8:04 PM.

I've gotta check this out and see what all of the fuss is about...

said Cindy on January 2, 2006 8:18 AM.

Hey, thought I'd join on in. About the reading thing...I know. I'm not actually using cue cards, I'm using a TelePrompTer. We write the show to try to compact a lot of information in a short amount of time, and the TelePrompTer keeps everything moving at a brisk pace. Two weeks ago, I'd never sat in front of a camera and talked, so I promise it'll get better. Thanks for your feedback and keep it coming! (geekbrief @gmail.com)

said Cali on January 2, 2006 5:46 PM.

Cali,

How about ear-prompters? Like reporters wear...

said Mike on November 8, 2006 4:44 PM.

Not only am I completely blown away by the way podcasting is exploding onto the scene but, with Cali especially. While the rest of us are struggling to keep up with technology, she is re-inventing the wheel and the way we use it.

- Completely Awsome -

Neil.

said Neil on April 19, 2007 12:57 PM.