Where Are They Now - Barker's Beauties

BarkersBeautiesWeb.jpg

So, I've been watching alot of The Price Is Right, lately (don't ask). I like the show...I like Bob...I like the games. I'd put a Plinko set in my living room if I had more space. And I still love that so many of the prizes are ridiculously tacky. It's all good.

But as I've been watching, I realize the models are different every day. What's that all about? And honestly, they're not nearly as attractive as they used to be. Remember Janice...Dian, the hottie...Holly, the red-head...Whatever happened to them, and the rest?

Anitra Ford (1972–1977)
AnitraYoungWeb.jpgAnitraOldWeb.jpg
Let me introduce you to Barker's very first beauty. Anitra Ford and Janice Penington were the first two models on Barker's daytime version of show. (There was the Bill Cullen version before Bob took over, but we're not interested in that here). Anitra was on for five years (replaced by Holly), and went on to a life of starring roles in b-movies, including Love Machine, The Big Bird Cage and Invasion of the Bee Girls, but her most famous role was probably playing the bitch at the beginning of The Longest Yard who drives Burt Reynolds to a life of crime. Sort of fell off the planet after the 70's, though. The image is from a college reunion shot.

Who's the sexiest Barker's Beauty? Check out this poll. (I love that late announcer Rod Roddy beat two of the girls.)

Janice Pennington (1972–2000)
JaniceYoungWeb.jpgJaniceOldWeb.jpg
Janice Pennington...May 1971 Playmate of the month, original Barker's Beauty, and record holder for longest run on thre show...28 years. In 1988 Janice was accidentally knocked unconscious by a camera during taping. She sued the show, and was awarded $1.3 million. It was the first of a string of Price is Right lawsuits.

In 1994, she wrote Husband, Lover, Spy, an account of her search for boyfriend and famed mountain climber Fritz Stammberger, who went missing in Afghanistan in 1975. In 1992, she married writer Carlos de Abreu, who co-authored the book with her. In 1997, they founded the Hollywood Film Festival, which occupies most of her time these days. Pretty wild life.

Dian Parkinson (1975–1993)
DianYoungWeb.jpgDianOldWeb.jpg
Welcome to Bob Barker's nightmare. Dian Parkinson was the model who sued the show's host for sexual harassment in 1993, saying Barker coerced her into sex (can you blame him?). Barker admitted to hanky-panky (that's right, I said hanky-panky) but maintained that it was consensual. Parkinson dropped her lawsuit in 1995, saying she couldn't match Barker's budget for lawyers.

Parkinson was a Playboy cover girl in December 1991 and May 1993. And you can see dozens of great Dian Parkinson shots here.

Kathleen Bradley (1990–2000)
KathleenYoungWeb.jpgKathleenOldWeb.jpg
Kathleen Bradley was the first African-American model on the show. She won the "Miss Black California" award in 1971, was married to Bill Overton and had one child before they divorced. These days, she makes rare public appearances in the Los Angeles area. You can see her on a site called Super-hair.net (because she has great hair, I guess?)

Want to see who's manning the pricing games these days? Click here to see the current bevy of beauties.

Heather Kozar (2001–2002)
HeatherYoungWeb.jpgKozarOldWeb.jpg
Reader: Why are you including Heather Kozar? She left the show just three years ago. Jellio: Because it's Heather Kozar. Don't ask stupid questions. Heather Kozar - Price is Right model, Playmate of the Year, Executive producer of heather-kozar.com. Yes, there is a God. And yes, he is a guy.

No clue what the backstory is here, but check out a show they did where Bob and the ladies were all hammered. (this is great)

Gena Lee Nolin (1994–1995)
GenaYoungWeb.jpgGenaOldWeb.jpg
Gena's another one who doesn"t really need a Where Are They Now, (although she's not setting Hollywood on fire, or anything) but she represents all the b-listers that started as Barker's Beauties. In addition to Gena Lee, Nicki Ziering and Cindy Margolis also graced the Price is Right stage. Is it any wonder Bob couldn't keep it in his pants?

Holly Hallstrom (1977–1995)
HollyYoungWeb.jpgHollyOldWeb.jpg
Finally...Holly Hallstrom, the red-head. Beloved by fans, and known for having all kinds of problems with prizes and various set pieces.

In 1995, Hallstrom was dismissed from the show. She argued that she had been fired for failing to lose weight (the result of side-effects from prescription drugs she took for a hormonal imbalance) and Bob sued her for libel and slander. I'm not even gonna try to list all the details here (like the three other models that sided with Holly) but it's pretty crazy. . You can read the whole account here. (That Bob is a wacky mother fucker...but get your pets spayed and neutered, anyway)

So what's Holly doing these days. Apparently she's gotten her life back together (she was living in her car for a while), and started a foundation for those suing for harrassment in the workplace. Here's a Holly fansite (these ladies have alot of fansites)

On a final note...that's me in the background with the baseball cap...told you I like the show.
JellioTPIR1.jpg JellioTPIR2.jpg

JellioBanner.gif

I used to LOVE that show!! Awesome job pulling all of that information together. I especially love the picture of you at a taping.
Jellio..COME ON DOWN!

said Cindy on December 20, 2005 6:47 AM.

You can't leave us hanging like this -- were you on the show?

Did you spin the wheel?

If you had spun the wheel, and it landed on .65 in your first turn, would you spin again?

Parting gifts -- lovely?

$8.79 for a Swiffer Duster. Higher or lower?

Is it 'Hole in One OR TWO' for everyone? Would you plan to two-putt, figuring the game would be extended if you missed your first shot?

You have to pass the first showcase, right?

How come nobody has the balls to bid $1 during the Showcase Showdown?

Please get back to us.

said aquaman on December 20, 2005 10:27 AM.

Me, a buddy from school and two friends went to the show about five or six years ago. We met a bunch of people we were sitting next to (getting on the show is an all-day ordeal) and agreed that if any of us got to the showcase, we'd invite the others on as the congratulating friends. The guy in the middle got on (I think he was from Ohio) we ran up (I was pretty loaded by then thanks to a carefully concealed bottle) and when he won the showcase, we all ran up, I went right past him and made a direct assault on Dian Parkinson. I remember a very horrified look on her face.

said Jellio on December 20, 2005 10:40 AM.

im high

said you on December 20, 2005 3:51 PM.

I saw an episode once where this 85-ish year old lady was in the Showcase Showdown and she did bid $1. She had an RV, trip, etc. She ended up winning and was off by over $37,000.

said John T on December 22, 2005 12:14 AM.

I'd like to see Where are they now?....Electric Company

said kickstand on December 22, 2005 2:58 PM.

Are there any up to date pics of Holly Halstrom antwhere I'd love to see what she looks like today

said Jerry on June 29, 2006 3:47 PM.

vfbtr vmoarpyjw hwfjn quicgsj abev nirsyw ghrom

said lsvyoej aegmhljqf on January 13, 2007 11:09 PM.

vfbtr vmoarpyjw hwfjn quicgsj abev nirsyw ghrom

said lsvyoej aegmhljqf on January 13, 2007 11:09 PM.

vfbtr vmoarpyjw hwfjn quicgsj abev nirsyw ghrom

said lsvyoej aegmhljqf on January 13, 2007 11:10 PM.

Cum on down!

said daMann on January 15, 2007 6:46 PM.

yrhnwtm bcxqy eisuar hodfzbnkg lvcuris mcsefpkz eakcrwtl

said zbrxsyfom qmtrjy on April 9, 2007 12:37 AM.

yrhnwtm bcxqy eisuar hodfzbnkg lvcuris mcsefpkz eakcrwtl

said zbrxsyfom qmtrjy on April 9, 2007 12:38 AM.

do you know if bob and janice ever lived together and is holly still alive?

said kim on April 28, 2007 3:18 AM.

higuys!What yourblog powered by?

said aarst on May 11, 2007 1:46 AM.

higuys!What yourblog powered by?

said aarst on May 13, 2007 11:34 PM.

higuys!What yourblog powered by?

said aarst on May 14, 2007 12:44 AM.

Which Barker's Beauty posed for Playboy, is 5ft8, w/ Lt. Brown hair & Brown eyes?

said Jeff on May 29, 2007 5:32 PM.

having grown up in the 80s watching this show while home from school pretending to be sick - let me say that holly had to be the hottest - the quintessential Barker beauty- she iz teh #1

said shitbag j. mcnumbnuts on May 29, 2007 11:59 PM.

In October of 1992 my ex wife and I were contestants on, The Price is Right. I had made green shirts with white lettering that read "Honeymooners on The Price is Right." I was the second contestant to get on stage. I went on to win all my prizes playing the game that has the Swiss mountain climber going up the mountain. Unfortunately I did not win the spin off. While waiting for the rest of the show to finish, I was lucky enough to get the attention of a producer by the name of Phil, who kindly took the shirt I was wearing backstage and had it signed by Holly Hallstrom, Kathleen Bradley, Dian Parkinson, Janice Pennington. In 1994 I took my mother and father to the show. Although neither my of my parents got to be contestants, my mother was able to get Bob Barker to sign the same shirt that has the Beauties’ signatures. I have a VHS & DVD copy of the episode the shirt with the signatures had appeared in also. I was considering putting my shirts up for auction, but wanted to get some fan feedback. Let me know what you all think.

said Jeff on June 18, 2007 6:47 PM.